Ghost Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Legion

Through the darkness, we observe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Resident Evil dead?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremiah_Fink
Admin
Jeremiah_Fink

Is Resident Evil dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is Resident Evil dead?   Is Resident Evil dead? EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:23 pm

It's a question that's kinda sad to hear, but after a long run with the series, I do in fact think it has died. Capcom continues to show its lack of respect for the original fans, by saying such things as "We've outgrown the series". This is the type of audacity I see on a frequent basis from companies such as Konami that clearly show no interest in their fans. Capcom has been chasing the almighty "Call of Duty dollar" and has ruined one of its best franchises in the process. While Resident Evil 5 and 6 were good games, they didn't live up to their predecessors in any way, shape, or form. Action has gradually played a larger role in the series over time, and at this point the series is almost unrecognizable from earlier titles. My honest opinion is that the series should have ended as soon as Mikami left (after Resident Evil 4). Thankfully, Mikami is currently pursuing his own projects, such as my highly anticipated "The Evil Within". As for Resident Evil, I think the only way to save it is either to scrap it, or reboot it. I'm hoping for a reboot with a new development team that knows what it's doing. Don't take this as an article bashing on Resident Evil. I sincerely enjoy all of the games in the series. But there's no denying that the latter entries in the series have abandoned horror, in favor of action scenarios to please newcomers. I believe Resident Evil 4 was the height of the series, and I anticipate a future game that can take the throne.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LateNightWalkthrough

PostSubject: Re: Is Resident Evil dead?   Is Resident Evil dead? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 am

I think it died for sure....games i liked were the first three as horror games. The rest were decent as action adventure games.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah_Fink
Admin
Jeremiah_Fink

PostSubject: Re: Is Resident Evil dead?   Is Resident Evil dead? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Agreed. Oh, and I forgot to mention how bogged down the plot has become. There are so many games in the series, that it's hard to keep track of all the different viruses and parties involved. I think a reboot is long overdue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LateNightWalkthrough
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Resident Evil dead?   Is Resident Evil dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Resident Evil dead?
Page 1 of 1