Ghost Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Legion

Through the darkness, we observe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hostage situations.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grave (G.L. 01)

Grave (G.L. 01)

Hostage situations. Empty
PostSubject: Hostage situations.   Hostage situations. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello HUNTERS, I have yet to play Standalone my self, but, I have played the original DayZ mod and have watched a good amount of gameplay footage for standalone so I'm not blowing this info out of my ass. Now, without further adu I will create a guide for how to handle hostage situations weather your taking a hostage or are a hostage your self.

Taking a hostage:

Binding: you'll want handcuffs, without them you'll just be leaving everything to chance risking both you and your groups saftey because of the hostage not being cuffed.

Element of surprise: be sure you have the jump on your target and that he is alone, the last thing you want is for his buddy/buddies to smoke you when you aren't looking.

When with a group: make sure you have a member of your team put in a good over watch location so they can keep an eye out for more possible bogeys and quickly inform you of a developing situation, the rest of your team should be watching the area while one of you loots the hostage, if your bag is full trade positions with one of your close teammates.  

Looting the hostage: when looting the hostage be sure to take the weapons first if the hostage even has one at all, after taking what ever you desired you're given two choices... Kill the hostage or let him go.

Dealing with the hostage: If you choose to kill the hostage do it quick and efficiently, you've wasted enough time looting them and have left yourself exposed to attack. If you choose to let them live, make sure they have no weapon and that you send them off in a direction that you don't plan on going, also be sure that you watch them as they leave so you know they won't follow you or you watch them whilst you leave.

Becoming a hostage:

Comply with the aggressor(s): it's smart to follow the direction of the hostage taker if you want to live, as pointless as this sounds they might let you live. I'm sure you would rather not have to start completely over, unless you'd rather that than being at the mercy of a stranger.

Offer all your loot: if you tell the hostage taker to take all your loot chances are they might let you go as long as you repeat "take my loot but please let me live."

When with a group: your fire team should be spread out but within visual range so if one of you gets taken hostage the others can eliminate them efficiently and with relative ease.

When being let go: get the hell out of there as fast as you can, if you feel like chancing it, track him and test your luck at getting your loot back.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah_Fink
Admin
Jeremiah_Fink

Hostage situations. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hostage situations.   Hostage situations. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Hunters Den members don't beg for their life, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LateNightWalkthrough

Hostage situations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghost Legion :: Eternal Darkness (DayZ Group) :: The Survival Guide-
Jump to: