Ghost Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Legion

Through the darkness, we observe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best to Worst

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremiah_Fink
Admin
Jeremiah_Fink

Best to Worst Empty
PostSubject: Best to Worst   Best to Worst EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:54 am

Hey guys. Since I've been playing lots of Silent Hill 4 (and also replaying the other games), I'll be compiling a list of my favorite games in the series, from best to worst. I'll start today, and continue to post throughout the week. Please note that I haven't played Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, therefore they won't be included on the list. Also, Book of Memories will be excluded from the list, since it has no place in the universe. Expect the following games to be ranked: Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill 4: The Room, Silent Hill: Homecoming, and Silent Hill: Downpour. There will be no spoilers on this list.

Now then, let's kick off the list with my least favorite game in the series, and work our way up.

SILENT HILL 3
I came sooooo close to listing Homecoming here instead, but after a lot of thinking, I decided I had far more problems with SH3 than any other game on the list. SH3 is a continuation of the first game in many ways. You play as Heather Mason, the daughter of Harry Mason (protagonist from the first game). Oddly enough, she's the most likable character in the entire series, which is why she doesn't seem to fit the role for a Silent Hill protagonist. Usually, characters in SH are psychologically troubled, and have done very bad things. This isn't the case with Heather. She's a normal 17 year-old, and there isn't much wrong with her.

The reason this is my least favorite game in the series boils down to several things. The chief of which is LEVEL DESIGN. The designers must've been smoking crack when they were designing these levels. Each one is like an endless maze, filled with tons of enemies. The game is known for its spikes in difficulty, and I have several problems with the story. Silent Hill is supposed to be about the unknown, and the town itself is the character that steals the spotlight. This isn't the case with Silent Hill 3. The opening acts of the game don't even take place in Silent Hill, and the main antagonists are the religious cult known as The Order. Human antagonists DON'T work in Silent Hill games. As soon as you try to humanize a monster, it becomes less scary.

Anyway, that about sums it up. Please note that I don't HATE any game on this list. I love each game in its own special way, but I just so happen to have a least favorite. Stay tuned for the next game on the list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LateNightWalkthrough

Best to Worst
Page 1 of 1